A WebQuest for 1st
grade (Language Arts and Science)
Designed by Kitty Raymond
Polar bears are cute, furry, and funny.
Have you ever wondered why they are white, what they eat, and how they survive from the
As a polar bear researcher, you will:
True or False questions
with your partner
print out the Puppet Page and make a
polar bear puppet in the art center
print out and finish the Response Page.
- listen to stories read by your teacher about the polar bear's life
and participate in group discussion
- read at least two books about polar bears
- read the page About Polar Bears with
- visit bookmarked websites to learn more about the life of a polar
- become familiar with major controls and icons of your web browser
- print out and answer
- Follow the teacher's directions and seek more information on the
- Work cooperatively with your partner to collect and share facts
about polar bears.
- Take turns working on the computer.
- Answer the true or
false questions with your partner.
- Cut out the puppet pattern you printed. Glue white rice on the
head and colored rice on the tongue. After it is dry, glue the pattern on a white paper
bag to make a puppet.
- Share with the class two things you learned about the polar bears
and two things you learned about the internet.
You will be evaluated by:
Your group participation
- Your writing response
- The completion of your puppet
Websites of Interests